This year’s Creative Safety Supply Scholarship Competition received many impressive applications from students across the country. It was a competitive field of applicants, and we’re excited to have had such a positive response to our new scholarship.
The winner of this year’s award is Morgan Dean, a senior at the University of Virginia. Dean is from Stafford, Virginia, and studies nursing. During her time as a nursing student, Dean has volunteered in a hospice, worked as a Care Technician in a Surgical Trauma Burn Intensive Care Unit, and distinguished herself as a student. Dean has learned the importance of helping patients and their families through health crises and says she believes patient care needs to be a top priority in nursing. She plans to make this a focus in her career.
As part of the scholarship application, students were asked to explain how they have used creative thinking to help them achieve their academic or personal goals. In Dean’s response, she explained that she had to come up with creative ways to handle the stress of school and of working in an often high-stress environment. Some of her solutions involved finding ways to focus on her personal health that can help alleviate stress such as exercise and volunteer work.
Dean will receive $1,000 toward completing her education at the University of Virginia. She plans to graduate this May.
Do you know a student enrolled in a college, university, or technical school? Let them know about our scholarship competition for 2017. Details about this year’s competition will be available soon.
- Creative Safety Supply’s First Annual Scholarship Competition Ends Dec.15
- 2017 Summer Scholarship Award Winner Selected
- Introducing the Winner of the Summer Scholarship Award 2021
- 2019 Spring Scholarship Award Winner Selected
- 2021 Spring Scholarship Award Winner Selected
- Two Scholarship Competitions for 2017
- Introducing the Winner of the Winter Scholarship Award 2022
- Introducing the Winner of the Summer Scholarship Award 2022
- Introducing the Winner of the 2020 Fall Scholarship