Label printers are increasing in both use and value within industrial work environments. Label printers are capable of creating handy labels that adhere to almost any type of surface to help create awareness regarding safety or hazard information. However, the hunt for a quality label printer is not so simple. Believe it or not, all thermal label printers are not created equal. There are many differences between thermal label printers that can either benefit or hinder label printing endeavors. In order to find a label printer that that will supply all the needed benefits, we have created an 8 point list regarding the top traits of a quality thermal label printer.
- Prints on Industrial Strength Vinyl Tape: Every printer is a bit different from the next; however, a good thermal printer should be able to print effortlessly upon industrial strength vinyl tape. Thermal printers utilize the help of thermal (heated) print heads to transfer resin ink onto the vinyl tape to create a permanent, colorfast print.
- Compatible with Common Software Types: There’s nothing worse than purchasing a product only to realize that it isn’t compatible with your current running software. A quality thermal printer will offer a variety of different options for software compatibility. For instance, it may be helpful to choose a printer that is compatible with Windows Software such as Microsoft Word or Open Office.
- Allows for Customization, Yet Still Provides Pre-made Templates: When printing labels, it is beneficial to have the option to customize your own labels for unique situations. However, it is also helpful to quickly print standard labels based upon a pre-made template. Make sure the label printer you choose allows you the freedom to do both.
- Cuts Labels Automatically to Size: Although this may seem like a minor detail, it is actually very important. Many people underestimate the convenience of an automatic label cutter. An automatic label cutter is able to create clean and even end cuts that are not frayed or cracked. Furthermore, an automatic label cutter allows for continuous printing since the cutter will operate automatically and there is no need to stop to manually cut each label.
- Banner Capabilities: While some labels are short, other labels can be very long essentially making them into banner labels. Having the added convenience of creating lengthier banner labels is very helpful in an industrial work environment.
- Creates Indoor and Outdoor Labels: Nobody wants to be limited on where they can use utilize safety labels. A quality thermal label printer should produce labels that are strong enough to withstand both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Compact Design: Let’s face it, space is at a premium and there is not always a lot of extra room for different gizmos and gadgets. This is why it is important to choose a label printer that is small and compact enough to fit effortlessly into a lean 5S work environment.
- Print Labels in House: This could actually be one of the top benefits of a good quality thermal label printer. The ability to create and print labels from the comfort of your own business setting is vital. It can be very time-consuming to search the internet for the most appropriate labels to meet your business needs and then wait until they are shipped. Overall, this adds up to nearly a week of unwarranted wait time from start to finish. Instead, it is much easier to quickly and effortlessly print labels from your own work setting.
The use of labels can help make a visual workplace more effective. One of the top contenders within the thermal label printer market is the LabelTac 4 Pro. The LabelTac 4 Pro is equipped with all the must have conveniences we listed above and plus even more. When employees and visitors are informed about specific safety hazards or information, the environment becomes a safer and more efficient place for everyone. An effective thermal label printer can help make your dream of a visual workplace a reality.
- Water Resistant Label Printer
- Thermal Label Printer Reviews : Brother Barcode Label Maker
- Industrial Label Printer for Manufacturing
- When to Choose a Large Label Printer
- Safety Stickers
- Label Printer Reviews: Brady BMP21
- Label Printer Software – Compatibility and Getting the Job Done Right
- The Label Printer Buying Guide for Industrial and Commercial Purposes