This was a cool find for me today. It shows a GE plant in Kentucky seeking to improve efficiency through lean practices.
It starts with mapping it out with an enormous Ishikawa diagram, or fishbone chart, then moves onto a 1/4 scale mockup of the plant using homemade models, then to a full-scale mockup of how the layout footprint will look with actual life-size mockup machines, belts, products, etc.
- 3P Lean : Exploring the Production Preparation Process
- Lean Doesn’t Work for Everything : Process Layout vs Cellular Layouts
- Helpful Tools to Make Layouts for a Production Line
- Lean and kaizen are not meant to eliminate people — they’re meant for improvement
- Lean Six Sigma – The 3 Most Important Tools for Beginners
- Continuous Improvement: 3 Tips For Getting Management On-Board