This was a cool find for me today. It shows a GE plant in Kentucky seeking to improve efficiency through lean practices.
It starts with mapping it out with an enormous Ishikawa diagram, or fishbone chart, then moves onto a 1/4 scale mockup of the plant using homemade models, then to a full-scale mockup of how the layout footprint will look with actual life-size mockup machines, belts, products, etc.
- 3P Lean : Exploring the Production Preparation Process
- Helpful Tools to Make Layouts for a Production Line
- Lean and kaizen are not meant to eliminate people — they’re meant for improvement
- A3 for Lean Implementation
- Lean Manufacturing: Commonly Asked Questions
- Lean Six Sigma – The 3 Most Important Tools for Beginners
- Lean Book Reviews: How to Implement Lean Manufacturing
- Get Lean with Pizza?
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- DMAIC Cycle– creativesafetysupply.com
- The Five Whys (Root Cause Analysis)– creativesafetysupply.com
- Toyota Production System (TPS & Lean Manufacturing)– creativesafetysupply.com