Are You Thinking about Purchasing a Large Label Printer?
Printing safety signs and custom labels for your facility is a big part of keeping everyone safe, as well as ensuring the facility remains in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Safety managers at facilities need to make sure they always have the right signs and labels, in the right locations, in order to ensure everyone is able to see the information they need. There are many different options to choose from when a facility needs signs and labels.
The first option is to purchase these items from a third party, where they will be printed and shipped to the facility. While this is effective, it can often get quite expensive very quickly. Depending on the specifics of the labels and signs that you require, it can cost a lot to get everything done. In addition, there can be a delay of days, or even weeks before your items arrive. This leads to the second option, which is purchasing an industrial label printer to create these things right within the facility.
As a company grows, it becomes beneficial both for cost savings and convenience to have a label maker right on site. This allows a facility to create custom safety signs and labels immediately when they are needed. When your facility is thinking about purchasing an industrial label printer, it is important to get the right one. One of the most important things to consider is the size of the printer.
What Size Labels & Signs Do You Need
When looking at which label printer to purchase, you’ll need to determine the size of the things you’ll need to print. Getting a printer that can handle the largest jobs you’ll have is a good idea, since even large label printers can still print the smaller labeling when necessary. Some things to think about regarding the size of your labeling include:
- Safety Signs – In many cases, safety signs need to be significantly larger than most labels. These signs often need to be seen from ten or more feet away, which require larger print to be legible.
- Amount of Information – Regulations from OSHA and other organizations often state exactly what data needs to be included on a label. For some types of labels there are many things that need to be included, so having larger labeling allows everything to fit in nicely.
- Number of Labels – A large label printer can be used to print off multiple smaller labels at once, which allows for faster creation of labels. In many cases, using a larger printer can actually help to further reduce the average price per label.
- Resolution – Large label printers tend to have the ability to print with improved resolution, so the signs and labels will be clearer, and easier to read.
When thinking about these items, it is easy to see why it is important for some facilities to purchase a large label printer, rather than opting for the less expensive printer that can only handle small labels. While it may be tempting to try to save money up front by picking a smaller printer, it will end up costing more in the long run, and can cause a lot of problems too.
Investing the money in a quality label printer that can handle signs and labels that are the size you need them will allow things to run more smoothly in your facility. The benefits only grow over time as the number and type of labels you need continues to evolve.
Choosing a Large Label Printer
Once you’ve decided to go with a large label printer, it is necessary to pick the right model to meet all your needs. There are dozens of different manufacturers of these printers, so it can be difficult to find the right one. Choosing a good brand that has a reputation for quality is essential. Beyond that, finding the printer that is large enough to handle all your needs, without buying something bigger than you’ll use is very important.
For example, the LabelTac 9 Industrial Label Printer allows you to print off high resolution, labels that are up to 9’’ across. This is large enough to create almost any type of safety sign, as well as any labels your facility requires.
For facilities that don’t need something quite this big, the LabelTac 6 Industrial Label Printer provides exceptional labels with high resolution, and up to six inches in width. Both of these printers will be large enough to create nearly any label or sign that you would need for your facility.
Regardless of which large label printer you choose, just make sure it meets the needs of your facility today, and long into the future. These printers can last for many years without any problems, and since they are so simple to use, it is likely that you’ll be printing off a large number of different things to help improve the safety and functionality of your facility.
Benefits to Using a Large Label Printer
Once you have a quality label printer, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the most use out of it possible. Most facilities are hesitant to create labels or signs for everything that they want because of the high cost of using third party printers. Once you have your own in-house printer, however, there is no reason to hold back. Since the costs of printing are so low on these printers, you can use them for many things that would have previously been impossible. Some common areas where companies use labels include the following:
- Custom Tool & Equipment Labels – Labeling all the tools and equipment in a facility with some sort of identification, such as a bar code, can help keep everything organized. It can also make it easier to keep track of maintenance of these types of items.
- Shelf Organization – Almost all facilities have storage areas where parts, tools, inventory and other items are stored. These areas often get cluttered and unorganized very quickly. By using custom labels, it is possible to standardize where everything goes, so fewer things are misplaced, and less time is wasted looking for items.
- Directions – While seasoned employees know where everything in the facility is, the same can’t be said for new team members or visitors to the area. Using a large label printer, it is easy to create signs that direct people to different areas in the facility. This is a great way to inform every one of where they are, and where they need to go.
- Company Identification – If a facility has a problem with employees steeling items from the facility, labeling can help. Applying a custom label to any items that employees might be tempted to take can be a great prevention strategy. The high quality labels are difficult to remove, and will make it quite obvious where it came from.
Of course, there are many other uses that a large label printer can help with in addition to the normal safety and regulatory labeling. This is why having access to a great label printer can do far more than just streamline the normal labeling or signage of a facility. If you take a moment, you can no doubt think of many things one of these printers could be used for too.
- Large Label Maker – LabelTac 9
- Industrial Label Printer for Manufacturing
- Industrial Label Printer – Labeling Ideas
- Network Label Printers
- Industrial Labeling Systems
- Sign Maker Machines