If you’re looking for ways to improve the safety of your factory, you may want to consider adding, or updating, your floor markings. Factory floors are one area that many facility owners or safety managers’ neglect, and it can really cost them significantly in many ways.
The only thing that most factory managers think about when it comes to the floors is keeping them clean, and while that is important, they are really missing out on some key benefits. Most people don’t realize how often they look down at the floor as they are walking or driving through an area. Facilities that use floor marking tape to provide information to those in the area will quickly realize just how important this can be.
How Your Factory can Benefit from Factory Floor Marking Tape
When people first hear that floor marking tape can help improve the way their factory operates, they are often skeptical. The fact is, however, that this tape can help in many different ways throughout the facility. Look through the following major ways this tape has been used in other facilities around the world.
Floor marking tape can be used to help improve efficiency in a variety of ways, including these:
- Organization – Floor marking tape can be used to help the organization of an entire factory. Marking off areas on the floor, for example, where specific inventory needs to be stored will help ensure everything is where it belongs, and never out of place.
- Direction Lines – Many factories use floor marking tape to help guide guests and employees to specific areas of the facility. Identifying a specific color of tape that will always lead to an exit or a specific office is a great example of this.
- Designating Areas for Walking & Driving – You can use floor tape to make different lanes throughout the facility that are set aside just for walking, or just for driving indoor vehicles. This way whether people are walking or riding, they will be able to advance through the area with fewer stops or other distractions.
There are many other ways that floor marking tape can help to improve efficiency. Taking some time to develop an efficiency improvement plan concerning how your facility can best benefit from this tape is a great way to come up with ideas that can be implemented.
One of the biggest areas of improvement your factory can enjoy from floor marking tape is with safety. Review the following great ways that you can use factory floor tape to prevent accidents, and improve safety in your facility.
- Danger Areas – If there are specific areas in your facility that are particularly dangerous, you can mark them off with red tape. When people see the red tape, they will know that they have to take extra care while in the area, or even to avoid the area if they don’t have a specific work function that needs to be performed.
- Identifying Hazards – Using another color of floor tape to identify a specific hazard in an area is a good idea. Green tape could be chosen to represent chemical hazards, and applied to the floor near an entrance to any room where dangerous chemicals may be used.
- Setting Up Road Safety – Lines on the road in public places help to keep people safe, and the same can be done in your factory. Setting up traffic lanes with floor tape will help ensure everyone stays safe and accidents don’t happen nearly as frequently.
- Marking Ledges – Most facilities have ledges that are used for a variety of jobs. When people have to work near them, they can be at significant risk of falling. Marking off the areas near these ledges will help alert them to the danger, so they can avoid it.
With just a quick walk around your factory it is likely that you’ll be able to see a number of other ways you can use floor marking tape to help improve safety. Given the fact that it is so affordable and easy to use, it just make sense to take advantage of it whenever possible.
Remaining in Compliance
All factories have to work hard to remain in compliance with a number of different regulations put in place by OSHA and other agencies. A significant number of these regulations revolve around hazard communication and keeping employees safe while they are on the job.
By using floor marking tape to communicate hazards and help ensure your employees are informed about particular risks in particular areas, you can help remain in compliance.
Of course, you’ll have to make sure all your employees are aware of what each type of floor marking tape means so they can benefit from the hazard communication system. This can be done quite easily by simply offering a training class, or purchasing customized signs and put them up throughout the facility so that they can act as a key regarding what each color means.
SafetyTac Industrial Floor Marking Tape
Harnessing the Power of Factory Floor Marking Tape
No matter how you decide to use floor marking tape in your facility, you’ll want to take the time to really plan it out and implement it properly. When this is done, you’ll be able to enjoy measurable improvements in almost all areas of the facility.
You’ll want to make sure that you don’t just implement these changes once and then forget about them. The real benefit of this type of floor marking system is that you can be constantly adding to it and improving it over time so your facility continues to operate better and better each year.
If your ready to enhance the safety in your facility and increase productivity, contact Creative Safety Supply at 1-866-777-1360.
- Floor Marking Tape Color Standards
- Safety Audit Turns to Floor Marking Tape for Help
- 5S Floor Marking
- Introduction to Proper Use of Industrial Floor Marking Tape
- 10 Ways Floor Marking Shapes can Organize your Facility
- 5 Floor Marking Rules for a Safe Workplace
- Floor Marking Best Practices
- Floor Marking – 7 Common Mistakes