While not a Lean expert, ESPN commentator Colin Cowherd recently made a comment I found insightful.
Observing three organizations which seemed to be consistently successful, he found this common theme amongst the San Antonio Spurs, the New England Patriots and the Boise State football program.
“Celebrate rarely. Grind always.”
All three teams consistently outperform any expectations made on the basis of the “talent” they have. All three have had long-tenured leadership which has maintained a consistent perspective on how to succeed. None are flashy. All repeatedly win.
Useful to consider.
Useful to consider indeed!
- A Lean Journey: Annual Management Improvement Carnival 2012
- Lean Misconceptions
- What is needed for Hiring for a Lean Culture?
- Where is the Lean Manufacturing Case Study?
- What’s In It For YOU To Go Lean?
- Respect for People and Continuous Improvement = Lean