Although most companies that either produce or store products use forklifts to move things about, I’ve found that a lot of companies don’t properly train their people in the safety aspect of it. Fortunately, most places don’t have a problem with injuries or deaths related to forklifts, but, there are still over 20,000 forklift-related injuries and deaths every year in the United states alone.
I think that seems really ridiculous. If your company fosters a culture of safe work practices, there should never be a forklift accident. People should know where all powered lift trucks zones are, and the drivers should know where all people are–or be held accountable for safe driving.
If you ever need to know more about Forklift or Lift Truck Safety, download our free guide.
- Industrial Safety Training
- 5 Tips to Become a Successful Safety Coach
- Reasons To Provide Language Specific Safety Training to Employees
- Who Manages Safety?
- We Are Now Offering Convergence Safety Training Videos
- Safety Training Trends in the Workplace