One of the easiest ways to keep things organized in your shop after a long day of work is to take the guesswork out of where tools should be stored. No one likes to start working in an environment that is disordered and cluttered.
The video below demonstrates how to create tool organizer inserts for your tool boxes and drawers. These inserts specifically fit certain tools and help you to visually identify whether tools are missing or not.
This kind of organizational technique is used in the manufacturing sector for lean 5S, in which a work zone is assessed and all tools necessary for the job are identified and placed in prominent places for future jobs.
All excess tools or materials not being used regularly are placed off to the side out of the work zone.
> Click here for more information about 5S training.
- How to Spring Clean Your Facility
- 5S Supplies Improve Safety and Organization in Auto Repair Shops
- A Guide to the Most Useful 5S Materials
- 6S System: The Basics
- How to introduce 5S concept in the work environment?
- 5S Tools and Blueprint Used In My Last 5S Project
- 5S Red Tags – The Correct Way to Use A Simple Lean Tool
- Tool Storage Ideas– creativesafetysupply.com
- Tool Box Organizers – 19 Tips & Hacks for Your Tool Box– creativesafetysupply.com
- How to Implement 5S in an Organization– creativesafetysupply.com