The Economic Times article, titled “Apparel units go lean to beat order slump” reports that, due to European order-to-delivery expectations (changed to reduce inventory stock), Indian apparel manufacturers have had to resort to Lean manufacturing tactics by saying that “these initiatives have enabled textiles units to increase efficiency at the shop level from 45% to 60% and maintain margins in tough times.”
According to The Economic Times, The European Union amounts to almost “49% of India’s total apparel exports.” Apparently, their exports declined by almost half of what it exported to the EU last year.
- Lean and kaizen are not meant to eliminate people — they’re meant for improvement
- Lean Manufacturing Just In Time : The Ultimate Inventory System
- Selling Old-Timers on Lean in Not-So-Lean Times
- Lean Manufacturing for the Monkeys?
- Made in the USA – Reshoring with the Help of Lean
- Kaizen Events, How vital is it to Lean manufacturing