I work in the B2B industry, and networking and KEEPING good contacts is essential to my company’s continued survival.
Trust me, I didn’t start this blog because I felt the world NEEDED to hear my opinions — although, I have to admit, it is a very cathartic, pleasurable part of my day, I’ve found.
No, the reason I originally started blogging was to increase my network. By putting myself out there, and showing my interest (and, hopefully knowledge) in my subject field, perhaps others may see me as a more credible and reliable source for providing them with their industrial safety supplies. With every post I make, I try and display a little part of how I think, what is important to me, and what I can offer of my experience.
So, in my efforts to network, I came across a very cool Forbes article of ways to succeed at the art of networking, by Samanatha Ettus.
Here is a highlight of 5 networking tips from her list of 25:
- Use Your Professional Photo. When connecting on social media, people want to see your photo, not your baby’s or a company logo.
- Keep it Positive. Save the car payment talk or your dog’s medical issues for close friends.
- Don’t Stick to Those You Know. When at an event or business setting, branch out.
- Pay it Forward. Networking is not an eye for an eye game. Help others and they (not necessarily the same others!) will help you.
- Listen as Much as You Talk. Never leave a conversation without learning something.
I like this–it’s a common sense list, and we ALL know most of them, but they make a very concise summation of how we should approach all interactions and relationships.
- Change Your Ways To Success
- Using Technology to Enhance Safety Engagement In The Workplace
- When it Comes to Safety, there is Often More Fiction than Fact
- A Conversation on How to be an Effective Safety Professional
- What is OSHA 10? – How to Apply It
- Classic Vs. Modern Definition of Root Cause | Which is Better?
- How To Improve Safety in the Oil and Gas Industry
- A Brief History of Kaizen: The Key Players– creativesafetysupply.com