OSHA Releases Top Ten Violations Citations for 2012 at NSC Congress and Expo
At its annual Congress and Expo in Orlando this year, the National Safety Council was “treated” to OSHA’s release of its top ten list of violations citations for 2012.
OSHA deputy director of the Directorate of Enforcement Programs Patrick Kapust reported the list for a crowded Expo audience.
Among the list of ten violations, the top three were (in order):
- Fall Protection, at 7,250 violations
- Hazard Communication, with 4,696 violations
- Scaffolding, once in the lead, but now with only 3,814 code violations
The rest of the ten OSHA violations were as follow:
- Respiratory Protection
- Machine Guarding
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Electrical – Wiring Methods
- Lockout Tagout
- Electrical – General Requirements
Frankly, I thought the machine guards and wiring citations would be higher on the list, because I’ve personally seen these violated on many many occasions. I guess the inspectors see less of these than the others.
- OSHA’s Top 10 Violations of 2018
- Protect Your Business and the Safety of Your Employees by Understanding What OSHA’s Top 10 Safety Violations Were for FY 2012
- Top OSHA Fines: Construction
- Are you up to date with OSHA?
- Lockout/Tagout – How to Ensure Safety and Avoid Citations
- General Machine Guarding – 1910.212
- 5 Ways to Celebrate National Electrical Safety Month
- 5 Reasons Why Fall Protection continues to be OSHA’s Most Violated Standard
- OSHA Electrical Safety Practices