At its annual Congress and Expo in Orlando this year, the National Safety Council was “treated” to OSHA’s release of its top ten list of violations citations for 2012.
OSHA deputy director of the Directorate of Enforcement Programs Patrick Kapust reported the list for a crowded Expo audience.
Among the list of ten violations, the top three were (in order):
1. Fall Protection, at 7,250 violations
2. Hazard Communication, with 4,696 violations
3. Scaffolding, once in the lead, but now with only 3,814 code violations
The rest of the ten OSHA violations were as follow:
4. Respiratory Protection
6. Machine Guarding
7. Powered Industrial Trucks
8. Electrical – Wiring Methods
10. Electrical – General Requirements
Frankly, I thought the machine guards and wiring citations would be higher on the list, because I’ve personally seen these violated on many many occasions. I guess the inspectors see less of these than the others.
A Guide to OSHA Safety Signs
This Guide to OSHA Safety Signs walks you through the recent updates to OSHA and ANSI sign requirements. You’ll learn the required components of OSHA safety signs, including tips for formatting and posting your signs.