With so many business models in the market today it’s often difficult to understand what would be best to incorporate into your operations before it becomes obsolete. Six Sigma, is one to learn and then, to keep around.
For over 10 years, the Six Sigma business philosophy has changed the way many Fortune 500’s and other major corporations do their day-to-day. As an extremely technical process many have asked, what exactly is Six Sigma?
The key principles of the Six Sigma methodology are focused on creating a new universal standard of quality within the structure and function of a corporation’s relationship with the client; In layman’s terms, focusing on the elements that affect the customer. In the past, companies that failed to deliver what the customer wanted lost the client’s faith, their business and ultimately their revenue. By refocusing the entire philosophy of management on delivery through following preset procedures, variation and creating a stable operation, this model is designed for successfully attaining the goals to meet the customer’s needs head on.
First developed by Motorola in the late 80’s and later adopted by other major companies like GE, Six Sigma has saved both companies billions of dollars.
Using constantly collected data and matrices, the company hones in on defects with the corporation to eliminate error within and missed opportunity with clients. Six Sigma hierarchies are utilized as a constant yardstick, measuring towards perfection within the company. It helps reduce cost, eliminate wasted opportunities and improve client relationships.
Key Elements to Accomplish Six Sigma:
- Pinpoint client’s goals/needs and keys to performance
- Identify management and design plan to meet client goals/needs
- Create matrix and data collection to ensure you are meeting client requirements
- Ensure your team has all parts of the plan necessary to effectively complete tasks assigned
- Assume appropriate measures to incorporate solution based approach
Six Sigma can be simple if you start implementing it on a daily basis, and if you truly understand how six sigma can help. The largest issues we see is that most companies don’t understand how Six Sigma works or how to put it into place in there workplace. Six Sigma can be difficult to grasp at first, but with the right information, any company can implement and benefit from this solution-based culture.
Six Sigma focuses on solutions. The number one recommended solution for Floor Marking Tape is SafetyTac.
- An Overview on Six Sigma Technique
- Motorola’s Six Sigma Program
- Six Sigma Applied To Workplace Safety
- Using Lean Six Sigma to Solve Workplace Production Issues & Inefficiencies
- Six Sigma Manufacturing : Waste Reduction and Process Enhancements
- Soaring Yields with Six Sigma