I find that, when it comes to manufacturing, office, or healthcare implementations, folks don’t really understand lean when they’re first shopping the concept.
That’s why it’s a good idea to invest a fraction of your time and money right out of the box toward quality education and consultation to help you get the right info before you spend the larger portion of time and money in creating a program that might not be sustainable.
For the basics, Ron Pereira over at Gemba Academy does a pretty decent job of explaining Lean Manufacturing in the video below.
For more professionally-produced books and videos, check out our selection of training materials here.
- Lean Book Reviews: How to Implement Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing Across the U.S.: From Salt Lake to Toledo
- Lean Takes Time
- One Piece Flow Manufacturing and Production Video
- Continuous Improvement: 3 Tips For Getting Management On-Board
- Lean Manufacturing Training : Key to Many Opportunities
- What is Yokoten & Why Don’t Most Companies Use it?
- Lean Manufacturing for the Monkeys?
- 5S Lean Training– creativesafetysupply.com
- Lean Healthcare (Principles for Improvement)– creativesafetysupply.com
- What is a Gemba walk? [Lean Manufacturing Definition]– creativesafetysupply.com